Myers, etc.

We have so much going on in our lives, I wanted a place to talk about it. David, me, the kids (3 nieces, 2 nephews now!), the dog, the cat, etc. :) No one else will probably find this as entertaining as I myself will, but that's ok, this is more for me anyway.

Friday, November 6, 2009

Brodie's road to fame...


Wow...my nephew Brodie is on a true roller coaster ride. Brodie is 8 and lives in Stillwater. He and his dad (my brother in law) LOVE OSU, especially OSU sports. They go games...football, basketball, baseball, soccer, any and all. Brodie wants to be a sportscaster for OSU! He even calls imaginary games at home using his karoake machine. (I've seen him in action!) Recently he was entered into a contest for the Today Show Kid Reporter. He was chosen to go to NY and compete as one of 16 national semi-finalists. He made it into the Finals round, which will air on Monday, November 9th. He has met celebrities (Suzanne Sommers, Marcia Gay Harden and T. Boone Pickens!), he has led pep rallies, been on TV, radio, in the news. It's been such a crazy month. We are all so very impressed and proud of him, and even if he doesn't win, his life has definitely turned a corner. Love you Bro, and good luck next week!
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/33299024/ns/today-todays_kid_reporter/